Friday, 22 August 2008

Its been a while....

Its be a too long since my last post, I've been so busy! Recently I've been working as an equine and events photographer with Sally Blair of Blairshots photography whose based in the Gloucestershire area, UK. Its been great fun travelling all around the Cotswold's to attend events. Favourites being a wonderful wedding deep in the Hereford countryside on the 19th of July and the British Eventing Championships at Gatcombe Park, on the 7th of August.

Working with Sally this summer has been a fantastic learning experience for me and I am indebted to her for generosity and kindness she shown in allowing me to shoot along side her. The world of equine photography is not quite so incomprehensible as it once was.

I've been working hard over the summer to build my online portfolio website www.tgrphoto.co.uk,The site had been completely redesigned using Lightrooms Web Gallery templates from The Turning Gate with a new lighter cleaner look, as well as a fresh batch of my portraiture images. Feel free to check out the galleries HERE.

Recently I've also made myself available as a photoshop and lightroom tutor in my local area. This has been a fantastic experience and I really feel that teaching core digital editing skills has really improved my own knowledge and learning.

That's all for now many more updates to come in the next few days as I fill you in on the rest of the summers goings on. I leave you with a list of some of my most visited sites and useful links:

  • The F-Stop- a wonderful online photographic magazine dedicated to interviews with working pros.

  • TED – the you tube of great ideas, this site provides fantastic video seminars presented bythe leading minds and a wide variety of creativeand scientific fields. David Grifiths (head of National Geographic magazine) and Franz Lantings Seminars are of particular photographic interest.
  • Adobe Lightroom 2 - In my opinion the best piece of imaging software package this side of Photoshop.

P.S Congratulations Tom Hole for your wonderful mini planet equitorial panorama tutorial that was featured on Lifehacker, 229,000 hits in a weekend not bad!

No comments: