Wednesday, 19 August 2009

My first Gong: The Warriors take the bronze at the International photography Awards!

Long time readers of this blog, (few you may be), may remember my 'The Warriors' portrait series from earlier this year which has taken pride of place on my portfolio website for a number of months now, well at the time I was so chuffed with the images that I entered five of them into the International Photography Awards on a whim some 4 months ago... Thinking nothing of it I totally forgot about even entering until quite unexpectedly a fortnight ago when I received an email that I informing me that I had been made an official selection for the awards! A week later another email informed me that I had again progressed to another round of judging and I have just returned home this evening to find myself placed with third prize in the People :Portraiture category as a student entry!!!

I am too excited to post anymore, so just be sure to check out the winning entries over at the IPA winners page, the level of talent on show is truely amazing and I am humbled to have been included in this fantastic group on images.

Did i mention YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Oh and WOOOOO!!!!!

UPDATE: Here's a video overview of the category winners:

IPA 2009 Finalists from Lucie Foundation on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Mortimer said...

Congratulations! these are great shots and they surelly deserve a price.

Craig said...

Well done sir - very well deserved!

Mike said...

Woo, nicely done. congrats

Unknown said...

Well done - shows that it's always worth giving it a go with these things!