Thursday, 1 October 2009

Narrative Project: Film Inspired Portraits

Following from my street portraits I'm currently researching my current 'narrative' project which I am focusing on cinematic portraiture. When out with the AUCB freshers today I took the opportunity to try out a few cinematic techniques I've been researching; such as 16:9 crops lots of bokeh on a long lens and a fair amount of toning. Here are a few of my first attempts: let me know what you think in the comments.

5 comments:

Mike said...

2nd and 3rd get my vote. The atmosphere in both are really nice. Crop on the 3rd is sweet, could definatly be a film still that one.

Tom said...

This is disappointingly awesome.

Unknown said...

Nicely done.. I think you achieved the film look. The lighting and mood in the 2nd one is especially nice.

Care to share how you did the beautiful toning??
Thanks

Toby Roberts said...

thanks for the comments guys, I will do another post going into the technicalities and post-processing soon, promise.

Craig said...

For me it's #1 and #3 which stand out as being more cinematic. I really like the cool tones and low light of #1 - looking forward to the tech post!