
I've made a rather nostalgic discovery this weekend. My parents are soon to emigrate to the middle east and I spent yesterday at back at the family home rummaging through my old things just to make sure nothing important got chucked out in the big move. A good thing I did too as I managed to find none other than my very first camera, circa 1998, the Nintendo Gameboy Camera. This digital beast was way ahead of its time and was an absolute joy to use and in retrospect probably has a lot to answer for when it comes to my on going obsession with photography and digital imaging.
With its 2bit grey scale sensor that pumped out 128x112 pixel images this camera produced the my first ever photographs and more significantly my first ever digital photo comps using the built in editing software. At the tender age of twelve i was already well on my way to a career in photography and retouching!
As you can imagine I was elated to find that all my old photos where still saved onto the in built memory including some priceless comps of my younger siblings as babies and toddlers as well as several ambitious composites, highlights including a portrait of my father combined with my now deceased labrador, Kim, and the head of my family doctor transplanted onto a duck.
For your viewing pleasure here is the former:


2 comments:
Its better than your DISP
aye that it is, or was...
Post a Comment