Monday, 12 January 2009

My New (old Camera): Olympus Trip 35, Circa 1971


After a rather surreal eBay shopping spree, I have just taken ownership of my very first film camera, the one and only Olympus Trip 35. It arrived in a soggy box with a dinky little flash gun the size of a pack of cards (which on foolish closer inspection was quiet powerful, as my poor retinas will attest) and is in perfect working order. Its built like a tank and runs totally without the need for batteries. Having parted with my hard earned £18 I can wait to take this out tomorrow. I've been having a look at Internet resources relating to the camera and discovered quiet a community dedicated to this diminutive gem.

Here's My pick of the best:
  • The Olympus Trip Blog- Peter Leslie's Blog dedicated to news and information about the Trip.
And my personal favorite...

The original David Bailey Advertisement.



Classic.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Did you spot chase Jarvis on the Olympus-Pen

http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2009/01/life-death-and-dinner-in-1968.html