Sunday, 8 March 2009

Sony Advertising Project


With my project now handed in I thought I would share with you a couple of the final images I created for my Sony Advertising Project. The brief called for a two-part photographic advertisement for the Sony electronic entertainment brand that encompassed the whole ethos of the Sony brand rather than focusing on any particular product line it markets. The ad had to reflect Sony in a positive light, highlighting how Sony enriches our lives.


The brief called for either two billboards or two bus shelters, I plumped for the bus shelters, selecting Sony's well established commitment to environmentally friendly production techniques and innovations as my theme, using their vegetable based plastics Eco- thinking USP as the talking point of the ad. I combined this with the like.no.other. branding to build a green but contemporary look to the ad- reminiscent of Apples product advertising.


My final images are two clean, minimalistic ads that I hope get this message of Eco-friendly innovation across in a way that fits in with Sony's current audio/visual advertisement styles.

Let me know your thoughts.

2 comments:

Mortimer said...

Great job, I like the Gainsbourg style of the first one ;)

for the "fresh idea", maybe a bit of water droplets on the pepper would have made it look fresher. Right now, I am not sure it really represents "freshness" (if that was the aim of choosing that veg.)

Toby Roberts said...

i got rid of the watter droplets as they made the image to busy given the minimalist look. the fresh idea was just a reference to fresh veg not something specific to that particular vegetable. thanks for the comment though.