Sunday, 15 June 2008

Male Model Natural Light Shoot.

This weekend I had the opportunity to work with Rennie Hoare, male fashion and catwalk model currently based in York. We spent a few hours in and around York City Center, taking advantage of the wonderful textural contrast between old and new that York's  historical buildings have to offer.

The shots where all taken using natural light. Given the changeable weather (blistering sunshine one moment, heavy rain the next)  I took along a monopod and ball head to steady the shots, when the light levels suddenly dropped I was rewarded for this precaution. To achieve a soft diffuse light I increased the ISO level as high as 400 to boost dynamic range coupled with up to two stops of exposure compensation.

For more information on creating high-key natural lighting see  Damien Lovegrove's excellent DVD tutorials.

All shots where run though Lightroom Beta 2 to bring out the dark gritty detail of the old stonework backdrops ,with a a strong vignette added to help focus the images.

You can view a selection of images from the shoots here.

No comments: