
I recently took the plunge and decided that with the timely death of my three year old pPCs graphics card it was time to think about the switch to mac, After a few days looking at the options I decided to make the most of education discount and get myself the new 13.3 inch MacBook Pro, I was originally dissuaded from purchasing a mac over a year ago when the new line of unibody MacBooks was introduced, primarily due to the lack of firewire 800 port on the mid range models and the highly reflective glass screen.
Well the new machine has a much nicer screen (60% increase in color gamut; although still glossy) and Firewire 800 port for tethered shooting. With this improvement and having road tested a friends before purchasing I was confident that I could still work with the glossy display. I took delivery last night and am very pleased with my purchase, the free ipod touch (via rebate) was also a nice added thank you given the amount of cash I forked out.
For anyone looking to upgrade this summer I thoroughly recommend this machine, its small portable with great battery life and the same performance as the 15inch model with and now with the necessary ports for a pro photographer.


No comments:
Post a Comment